Taking Steps to Protect the Public and Employees
Pye Funeral Home outlines steps to fight COVID-19
November 18, 2021
Here are the measures we are taking, and guidelines we request that you follow in order to help keep our client families, staff, and guests safe.
- The funeral home has been sanitized by our in-house cleaning staff and normal cleaning procedures will be enforced after public viewings and funeral services. It is the practice of O.H. Pye III Funeral Home to clean after each viewing and service at the facility.
- We are providing full services with no restrictions on number of attendees.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our funeral home.
- Masks are required for everyone.
- Employees will not comfort families as we customarily do by embracing them with hugs and hand holding but instead each employee will use their words to continue to comfort the family.
- All employees are instructed to routinely wash their hands for 20 seconds, especially after dealing with families, and we are taking precautions to check in with our vulnerable employees over age 60 and any employees that are pregnant or have compromised immune systems. If any employees are sick and come to work, they will be sent home.
- Pye maintains universal precautions relative to the deceased remains, meaning we are always on alert when moving the remains into our facilities and treat each case the same relative to any toxic exposure that may be harmful.
Pye Funeral Home prides itself on being one of the best to carry out funeral arrangements for those who have passed on. For more information or updates on what’s happening at the funeral home in the wake of COVID-19, please contact them us at (313) 838.9770.